Sunday, February 23, 2020

Mrs. Beaty's Assignments for February 24-28

It's a BIG week for our school-ACCREDITATION! 
We will have visitors on campus Tuesday & Wednesday. Please make sure your Chief(s) are dressed appropriately complete with school uniform, a good attitude, and a smiling face.

I am enjoying reading The Call of the Wild with our awesome students. The vocabulary is pretty difficult, so we are making sure to stop frequently and explain these words. Please ask your Chief, "What happened to Buck today?" Let your child know his/her education is very important to you and reading is especially significant for him/her. Mrs. Johnston will be sending home field trip info. soon. 7th grade should turn $3 in to me for the book. 


Averages are lower this nine weeks because we haven't done our normal vocabulary words. We have been focused on literary devices which are basically vocabulary words. We are also working on literary device notebooks. Many students are not receiving full credit for the notebooks because they are not following directions nor coloring the pages. I know? How hard is it to show a little creativity with a crayon?

Because Spring Sports pictures were moved up earlier in time Friday, 7th graders did not take the conjunction or literary device tests. Conjunction test will be Thursday. The 8th grade will also take the conjunction test Thursday. Literary device notebooks are due Friday. Must be completed through "irony."

Sign up sheets for cheerleader tryouts will be in the office this week. Like I tell the students, "I've never heard anyone say, 'I wish I had never played basketball, baseball, volleyball, golf, tennis, or football or been a cheerleader, in the Spanish Club, a part of the SGA or Beta Club. I only hear, I wish I had...'" Encourage your Chief(s) to participate in extracurricular activities, and support them when they choose to do them.


Wednesday, my husband will be having hip replacement. While I detest missing school, I am very excited that he is having this surgery,  and, hopefully, will soon be pain free. The hip pain has been a part of his life for many years now and has started limiting his activities. I will miss school Wednesday and Thursday. Please give your Chief a pep talk about the appropriate way to act for a substitute. Grades will be taken for the work I give while I am absent. (Please say a prayer for Dan.)


No comments:

Post a Comment